Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Week 1 - Challenge Complete

I finished my necklace just as I felt myself begin to come down with a cold. I strung the agate sticks onto silver wire and used faceted glass rounds as spacers between the sticks. It looked pretty and I was just going to add silver chain to make the connection around the back but then I decided that it wasn't enough. I thought I wanted to add a layer to the necklace and I found some some gunmetal curb chain that I had forgotten about. I thought it would be fitting for the challenge to use this since it was waiting to be used was needing to be a part of a completed project.









So I added the chain as a layer beneath the agate sticks and used it to connect around the back. I also used a nice textured toggle clasp to close the necklace. Now the necklace has a completely different feel. At first it was this pretty springy necklace with the sky blue color and the sparkly glass rounds, now it's got a little edge to it with chain. Somehow though they work together. Or at least I think so. What do you think? I'll be listing it in my Etsy shop on Friday so be on the lookout.




I also just listed these cute little vintage crystal heart earrings. They're nice for any occassion but with Valentine's Day now around the corner they'll make a lovely gift.






Making a return to my shop is the Paris by Day Necklace. I went away briefly and now it's back! It was a fairly popular little necklace and it surprised me. I had a couple of people who purchased who had taken recent trips to Paris and bought it as a little momento of their trip. Maybe one day I will visit my necklace's inspiration!












Thanks for reading!



www.mozelladesigns.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. That is a really pretty necklace, I hope u feel better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chain makes it stand out and have an edge (like you said). I like it. The crystal hearts are sweet.

    ReplyDelete